The curriculum correlates with the Common Core State Standards.
Seeing Structure in Expressions
- Interpret the structure of expressions
- Write expressions in equivalent forms to solve problems
Arithmetic with Polynomials and Rational Functions
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials
- Understand the relationship between zeros and factors of polynomials
- Use polynomial identities to solve problems
- Rewrite rational functions
- Create equations that describe numbers or relationships
Reasoning with Equations and Inequalities
- Understand solving equations as a process of reasoning and explain the reasoning
- Solve equations and inequalities in one variable
- Solve systems of equations
- Represent and solve equations and inequalities graphically
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
For more information on the standards, please see the Common Core State Standards website: http://www.corestandards.org/
• Study the mathematical concepts that are important for today
• Learn to apply these concepts to solve different types of problems
• Develop skills in reasoning and problem solving strategies
• Use these skills to solve real-world problems
• Communicate orally and in writing
• Study and learn independently and as a team member